LANDSCAPE DESIGNS BEGIN THE RENOVATION PROCESS
To renovate your existing landscape you should first evaluate the site in its entirety. Second, you need to design your new renovation on paper before much renovation labor goes into it.
THE 10 STEPS TO A SUCCESSFUL LANDSCAPE RENOVATION:
- Analyze plants for problems
- Analyze family needs
- Decide fate of existing plants
- Draw existing landscape
- Develop maintenance plan for "New Landscape"
(Do you want Low to High maintenance?)
- Coordinate existing landscape with future needs
- Design renovated landscape (If you are planning to do the work for yourself)
- Develop renovation installation plan, budget, and calendar
- Do renovation work
Renovation is not the answer for every unsightly landscape. Sometimes improper maintenance procedures can make a viable landscape design look unfashionable and unappealing. The solution here is the contracting of an accomplished landscape maintenance firm to alleviate troublesome conditions and restore the grounds before far more involved and expressive services are required.
Just as a home or building keeps its new look through constant modernization of its interior; your landscaping, too, will require periodic attention:
- Some landscape plants become overgrown quite easily and will require significant pruning, or perhaps removal and replacement with a less aggressive species.
- Building additional bed or extension of beds require: Fill removal, reestablishment of old plants, lawn regrading and replacement. Plus, the selection of new plantings that can exist in harmony with the established foliage.
- Planting beds can often be improved with the addition of maintenance-saving features. Such as: weed barrier, vinyl or steel edging and different variations of mulches. All these examples may not have been installed with the original construction.
- Even the most popular design ideas eventually become outdated. The advantage of renovating a site is that new concepts can be introduced to your home or business. Giving them a new and contemporary look.